Carly provides Australians with the opportunity to subscribe to your next car, rather than having to buy one. All the costs of car ownership are simplified into a simple monthly subscription package.
Carly exists to give users access to a car in the quickest and easiest way possible. Own the moment, not the car.
- Internal Marketing Resource
- CMO for Hire
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Sales & Commercial support
The car subscription was still evolving when we joined Carly so we focused on building out the key parts of the brand as well as building out key acquisition channels that delivered people looking for a car ownership alternative.
As an ASX company with strong girth ambitions, this needed to be done quickly. So it was important to balance the short term objectives with the work that would lead to long term growth.
The concept of subscription for your car was a foreign idea to most Australians so this needed to be addressed. Once explained, most users could see the merits in it so the key was to provide those examples to potential users who could then take the idea of ‘subscription’ and apply it to their situation to ultimately give flexibility to their lives and/or save them money.
Through conversations with key stakeholders, the original branding was holding back the business from being engaged with by one of its key target audiences. This needed to be addressed. Finally, once the messaging had been sorted, it was important to setup a range of acquisition channels that the target audiences would use but that could deliver leads to the business as needed.
Our main focus at the start was to get an understanding of the current data and how the business was performing.
We identified that there were a large number of opportunities to drive new acquisition as well as the need to build out some of the key pillars of the brand including a new redesign, consumer messaging for each target audience as well as a content strategy built on user experiences.
We worked with the existing digital agency to drive more optimised campaigns and empowered them to better understand our supply of vehicles to better match supply and demand. This delivered significant ROI improvements, including significant cost savings during the key Christmas period.
Over the course of the next 4 months we implemented a new branding style across the website and key communications which was then fully executed by the team over the next 12 months. This was rolled out across all communication, collateral and messaging with significant website improvements delivering better conversion rates and retaining users on site for longer.
We drove new acquisition channels via partnerships, affiliate marketing, media campaigns and a paid partnership with Meta to build out a successful sales lead generation strategy across Facebook and Instagram. This was then able to be assessed and amplified over following months.
To assist with conversion by convincing more people to try car subscription, we built out our reviews system to capture more use cases and testimonials to support the fact that a lot of people were choosing subscription. We built a system to then capture these on video and amplify those cases to key target audiences within our advertising and marketing.
Finally, with the support of the CTO and product team, we made significant improvements to the Technical SEO of the website that drove rankings improvements across 8 of our top 10 priority keywords.
Within 4 months, we had supported the Carly team with the following work:
- New Branding Agreed
- New PR Agency Sorted
- PR Announcements - Executed
- Hyundai Partnership Marketing - Executed
- Built regular email marketing campaigns
- New Facebook Ad Agency - Executing in Jan
- Facebook Ad campaigns - Completed setup & developed creative from scratch
- Website - New Text, UX and Imagery implemented
- Built out a User review system that doubled review numbers
- Developed 4 new acquisition channels which drove more leads into the business, all of which with a positive immediate ROI and with the added benefit of building brand awareness with our target market.
- SEM: Massive improvement in Christmas Performance - Higher Value revenue on significantly lower spend
- Completed significant Technical SEO work
- Go Auto Creative and Approval Process
- Improved Conversion Funnel Reporting
- Completed Forward Budgeting for Q1 & Q2 2020 when it was not previously available.
Carly grew by 35% for each of the three quarters that we were involved with driving their marketing
Channel results not available due to NDA.